Oui, j’ai arrive a Lille hier apres midi! (Yes, I arrived in Lille yesterday afternoon)
I’ve settled in very nicely and have already met many lovely people! Adventures so far:
- I’ve met lots of people! And everyone’s been very nice 🙂 Being well-looked after by everyone!
- Learnt some German due to train catching in Belgium. An English couple asked me about getting to Brussels-Centrale station. Mmmm yes, luckily I had figured it out by that point. Unbeknowst to them, I’d actually been listening to their conversation for a bit, trying to figure out if they knew where they were going so I could get to my own station. Evidently not, but I got them to where they wanted to go…. and got off the train with them. Mine was actually the next stop, but that’s ok – there are lots of trains! So I just caught the next one.
- Lille-Europe train station has many exits! So… I didn’t know where to meet my contact person when I arrived. After checking multiple exits, I decided use my French and ask some people. Just as I was telling the Lord how I really need to find this one person somewhere in the large train station, I heard my voice on the speaker phone and I happened to be just where I needed to be = found Martin! Who was very kind and helped me with my bags and getting to the Brays, where I’m staying for the next 6 weeks 😀
- My room is awesome! There are cool narrow stairs and I’m sleeping on a Mezzanine! (Given you probably know I love tree-climbing/ climbing in general, this is going to be a very fun place to live!)
- Went to the supermarket today and oh the cheese! And so much cheaper than Australia too! 😀 Basically, lots of cheese, bread and wine – really.
In case you didn’t already know, I’m a bit of a homebuddy and I really like Adelaide so I guess spending 2 months in a foreign country is a little bit out of my comfort zone 😛 However, God has been so good! And the Holy Spirit makes a fantastic travel buddy! On the plane, I got some pretty good sleep and was very much enthralled in the living word as Jesus filled me with His joy because of the revelation of His beauty. He also gave me some promises from His word 🙂 That’s why the plane ride over was so good!
Tonight, I’m going to meet a bunch of people from the church! Very excited! And learning lots of new words! I’ve discovered I’ve got a pretty alright foundation of French, but there’s still lots to learn – like the names of various kitchen utensils and appliances 😛 etc. I’m learning very fast since I get to practice all the time! Rather than just eavesdropping on the rare French conversation happening in Rundle Mall!
D’accord, c’est tout pour maintenant! A bientot!